Tuesday, November 20, 2007

I Have Arrived!

Thanks to the modern drug, Antivert, I had a non-eventful flight. The only downfall was that we left Buffalo late, which put me into Charlotte 20 minutes late, which only gave me about 20 min to go from terminal B to terminal E which of course was about 1000000 miles away. I made it just as they were boarding for Asheville. Otherwise everything else was ok. Postie was slightly put out because I am sleeping at the brothers instead of her little one room apt which they keep at about 90 degrees. Here I get my own room, my own bathroom and I can open the patio door to cool off. It is quite warm here.

Anybody want a real thrill? It is all mountain windy very small lane roads here. Wel go in the car with an 88 yr old woman at the wheel who is going about 45 and then slams on the brakes at every turn or corner. I had my foot pushing on the floor the whole time. Then we get on a 6 lane highway and guess who is driving down the middle of the dotted line taking up two lanes. Good Grief. I told the brother that he can take me to Posties house thank you very much.

We went to Outback tonite - bloomin onion and steak and salad and taters. Yum yum yum. Tomorrow we will go shopping fof a teakettle for Postie (her late birthday present) and then come back to the brothers and start preparing stuff for the Turkey feast. It is unknown if Unkle D and his woman will be coming, as she has strep throat and their new appliances for their new house may be delivered Wed or Fri - in which case they have to be in Georgia and can not do the 2.5 hr drive. here. It is anybody's guess as to the other Unkle D- if he shows he show - if not - oh well. Also the brother's daughter may or may not show. Great to know exactly how many people to cook for, no?

We also stopped at the nursing home to see the brother's mother-in-law. She seems to be in a coma and was totally unaware that we were there. Thank God she seems comfortable and not in any pain. She is getting no nourishment now so it is just a matter of time.

These people sure keep their houses hot- I think I will go outside and cool off as I am very warm. A Good time will be had by all, Damn it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, Hurrah. We will have 4 humans, 1 dog, 1 rat, 1 tadpole, 1 spider, 1 grasshopper, and about a billion crickets for dinner.

Is eldest brother going to deep fry the turkey?

CherkyB said...

Did the second spider die?

Anonymous said...

We had 2 spiders? I threw out a grasshopper today. Maybe I threw out the spider with it. Oooops.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations. Glad I'm not sleeping near you tonight!