Friday, October 12, 2007

drx9000

I just came back from the 2nd consultation with the chiroquacker. I have been accepted for the treatments on the DRX9000. I will have 20 treatments - 4 times a week for 5 weeks. I will also get a back "belt" which I will wear all the time except showering and sleeping. I will also get shoe inserts that are molded to my feet and are specially made.

I not only have 2 herniated discs, but also have degererative disc disease. It seems that when I am sitting, I have a 227% stress on my left side- lower spine and surrounding muscles. When I stand it shifts to the right side with a 200% stress. The dr. said that is not very common. So my spine is literally fighting with itself every time I stand or sit. Good Grief- no wonder I have trouble walking.

This treatment has an 86% success rate. I asked them how many patients they had that it did not help, and they said there was only one man and he was in a wheelchair to begin with. They have a lot of patients that are much larger and fatter than me. There was a lady there today who is very very large. I was accepted also because of the "risk" factor of living alone and having to do everything for myself and not having a man around to lift heavy things.

This back belt will prevent me from moving the wrong way which will help the healing process. The only drawback besides the price $5600, is that to replenish the disc, I am to drink about 120 oz. of water, teas, jello, soups per day. Oh well - I have a lot of Crystal Lite.

Im sure a good time will be had by all Damn it!

4 comments:

ellie said...

i justify costs like that by saying, "well, I don't smoke."

Anonymous said...

I justify it by saying I don't smoke, drink, buy jewels and furs, clothing, and deodorant.

Anonymous said...

You don't have to justify it.

blogauthor said...

chiroquacker .... *snicker*