Monday, October 29, 2007

FINISHED AT LAST



It is finally done. This is the actual cross stitch that I just finished last night. This is not the picture in the book. I started this in January and worked on it for quite a few hundred hours. I don't know what I am going to do with it now- probably put it in a frame and hang it somewhere. The left hand edge got cut off a little - there is another tree there just like on the right side.


Well my road trip is cancelled. Q says she can not afford to go and is afraid of running into bad weather. So I will again attempt to fly the friendly skies. I will not take any antibiotics or pain pills on an empty stomach this time.
Did you ever wonder how many toilets are being flushed at this very minute? I have.
Q came over Sunday and I made pisgetti (delicious). We spend the afternoon crafterbating. I have about 5 different projects started. She is in to WWII stuff as her father was in the 29th Division and she is making a diorama with 1:72 scale stuff. I found her a tank on e-bay and she was thrilled. So I went on the internet and found her a whole bunch of pictures of men in the 29th and managed to print out about 20 on a heavy stock paper so she can put them in her scrapbooks. There was also a website to purchase pictures at about 20 cents apiece that I will do for her. She is too cheap to get a computer. I wanted to give her my old one but she didnt want to fork out the $20/month for internet service.
Well, unlike CherkyB, I am unable to think of anything exciting to write about. I lead a boring life with two cats for company. Maybe I should get a hamster!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is an absolute masterpiece. What are you going to do with it?

I wore the brown scarf you made to work this morning.

Guess we're on our own for Turkey. Have something I can borrow for the trot?

Anonymous said...

Wow. You could make a pillow out of it!

Anonymous said...

Or a throw--it is huge!