Monday, October 22, 2007

WOULD YOU LIKE SOME GUACAMOLE WITH THAT?

Well I almost made it to Denver. We were half way to Detroit when I broke out in a cold sweat and got the "tingles". I said to myslef. "Self, what the F**K". Then in a minute or so it went away. A couple minutes later it returned with a vengenge and my tummy did flip flops. Knowing I was about to toss my cookies, I grabbed my little carry on cow purse and promptly inserted my stomach contents (only water) into it. In a minute all symptoms subsided and all was well. When I got off the plane and started walking into the terminal it was all I could do to keep from passing out- I was extemely dizzy and probably looked like I was drunk. Well they had a couple wheelchairs at the end of the tunnel which were waiting for people who needed them but I plopped into one and immediately upchucked into my purse again. The paramedics were called. Meanwhile I got to go to the john pretty damn bad so while I was waiting, i went to the bathroom. In a minute or so a man was in the bathroom saying "WHo in here needs help?" I yelled from in the stall that I would be out in a minute. Well I cam out about 5 lbs lighter and the paramedics checked me over and I felt pretty good by then and finally said I was OK, so they left.

I had about 5 min to go until boarding for Denver when I almost passed out from dizziness and they called the paramedics back again. The girl at the counter said when I come back to the airport just tell them what happened and they will get me on a plane. Meanwhile my luggage was going to stay in Detroit. This time they carted me off to the nearest hospital in Wayne. I upchucked a couple times in the ambulance, cracking jokes all the time of course. Got to the hospital and they tried and tried and tried to find a vein - no luck of course. I am black and blue in both arms and both hands. Finally they gave me a shot of Phenergan and two litte orange pills for dizziness. I had already taken a phenergan tablet on the plane to no avail.

After a little snooze, I felt much better and was released from the ER. I had them call me a cab and back to the airport I went. I went to the Northwest counter and the bitch told me I had to purchase a whole new ticket to which I said "OH no I don't! Well I still had not decided if I should continue on to Denver or return to Barfalo. Well the daughters decided for me and Barfalo it was. Well anyway, after haggling with the bitch at the counter for a while, she got me a booking on the next flight to Barfalo which left at 5 PM. It was now only about 1:30. I told her that my suitcase was there in Detroit and to please make sure it got on the plane with me. She only had about 3 1/2 hrs to relay that message.

OK- so here I am in the Detroit airport with a few hours to kill so I meanders into Borders books and buy me a new Stephen King that I hadn't read. By this time I was starting to get hungry and what do I see but a La something or the other - Mexican. So I meanders in and look at the menu. Hm... A mexican steak sammwich with Jack cheese and Pico de gallo and nachos and salsa on the side. Ok I order it. "Would you like guacamole and sour cream with that"? "No, thanks - just extra salsa." Yum - it went down quite easily. Do I see carrot cake on the menu? Yes I do so I order a slice of carrot cake. The cute waiter comes back and says that he is sorry but they are all out of carrot cake.

OK I will have the New York cheesecake instead. So I tops off my Mexican with a slice of cheesecake with gooey honey dripped all around the side of the plate. It was really quite good. So I dawdle there for a while and still have two hours to kill. A little nap is in order. I find a nice quiet section where nobody is waiting and settle down for a little snooze. Waking up all refreshed I go to the john and meanders over to my gate to wait for my plane to board. Boy do I have a great seat! 5B- right behind 1st class. I get on the plane and get all settled and guess what happens next??????

Nothing - the plane takes off and the ride to Barfalo was totally uneventful. I get to Barfalo and wait and wait for my suitcase. Hehe - fooled again. Go into the Northwest office, where the girl starts punching in stuff into the computer and lo and behold my suitcase is still in Detroit. She makes arrangements for it to get on the 9:00 flight to Barfalo and it will be delivered to my house. I wait and wait - no phone call.

Today after talking to somebody at the 1-800 number who told me I would have to go to the airport to find it - I blew my top and said I will not go - you people will find it and deliver it to my house. Well she finally decided to do her job and tracked it down in Denver. Wonderful. She put me on hold for the longest time and then came back and said it would arrive in Barfalo tonight. Well I finally got a call from the delivery person who said he had it and would deliver it to my house within the hour.... tick tock... that was about 90 minutes ago at least. tick..tock.. I am still waiting. ...Maybe I will go out for Chinese tomorrow with Q.

Meanwhile it was a gorgeous day in Barfalo so I took advantage of it and bought a few perennials and planted them and cut the grass. I am very sad not to see the grandchildrens as I had packed some craft projects to make with them.

Now I am planning my November trip to Asheville NC. I wonder if I should drive there instead?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Definitely best to drive there. . .

Anonymous said...

You didn;t take cipro on an empty stomach, did you?

Anonymous said...

yup